A career as an electrician is both promising and rewarding. Other than being able to work across various sectors and provide a vital service to the community, you also have the opportunity to diversify your skills in multiple areas of electrical work. A course that will improve your prospects as an electrician and broaden your skillset is in air conditioning and heat pump systems.
With air conditioning being a necessity in virtually all buildings and houses, an air conditioning and heat pump systems course in Perth will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to service more clients whilst upskilling your career.
Let’s take a look at how an air con course at CET can benefit you.
Why Upskill with an Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Course?
Obtaining an air conditioning and heat pump systems accredited qualification can really help you advance your career. Here are some reasons why you should upskill with the air conditioning and heat pump systems course:
- Acquire an additional skillset that is future-proof and allows you to work with clients across varying industries such as construction, mining and manufacturing.
- Once you’ve completed the course you’ll be eligible to apply for a Restricted Heat Pump – Split Systems – Installation and Decommissioning license from the Australian Refrigeration Council. With this qualification, you’ll set yourself apart from the pack.
- Increase your earnings by tapping into residential and commercial clients. Since split system air conditioners are the most common type of air conditioner for residential, you’ll be able to broaden your skills and become more employable within the industry.
- Have a promising career pathway in this field by taking on more advanced courses and further upgrading your skills.
Certificate II in Split Air Conditioning And Heat Pump Systems at CET
The Cert II in Split Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems course is a nationally accredited course at CET. It teaches you how to install, commission and decommission a single head, split air conditioning and heat pump system with a maximum plant capacity 18 kW.
By completing this air conditioning course
, you’ll be able to assemble, position and start up air conditioning units including wall hung, floor and ceiling suspended, cassette, ducted fan coil-split systems and water heating systems.
Externally obtained skills may be recognised and applied
At CET, we provide a conducive learning environment where you can practice your skills in a simulated setting. Amongst assembling and starting up a split system, the completion of this air con course will enable you to:
- Prepare and connect tubing and fittings for refrigeration and/or air conditioning systems.
- Recover, pressure and leak test, evacuate and charge refrigerants in split systems.
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components.
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment.
- Apply environmentally sustainable procedures in the energy industry.
If you have obtained the competencies and skills in this course outside of a formal setting, whether through life or work experience, you can apply for the CET Skills Recognition process. In this process, we will formally assess your competencies against the applicable Unit of Competency in our syllabus and may recognise them regardless of how, when and where they were achieved.
Upskill Your Electrical Career
The Cert II air conditioning course is an excellent option if you’re interested in performing split system installations in Perth. The skills you’ll acquire will enable you to complement your electrical license and work on various air conditioning and heating systems.
If you’d like to know more about our post trade courses
, air conditioning course or have any questions, contact us
and we’ll be happy to advise you.