Pandemic Impact on Training
CET has seen a dramatic increase in demand for training, particularly in apprentice enrolments. Since July 2020, CET has seen an increase of over 30% in apprentices.
We pride ourselves on getting your apprentices into training in the shortest time frame possible, however, currently we are scheduling apprentice classes for the second half of the year.
Some things to note:
- Unlike TAFE, CET doesn’t shut for school holidays. This means we can create more opportunities for students to commence and continue training
- - CET is actively recruiting for instructors – so if you’re considering a change in career, give us a call
- - CET is also sourcing additional training facilities to accommodate the demand
This also impacts our Post Trade training courses. We have limited capacity at present for the following courses:
- - Cert II in Split Air-conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
- - Design and install grid connected Photovoltaic Systems, Battery Storage and Stand Alone PV
- - ETL, REL and GAP Training Courses.
Most of these courses are fully booked until the second half of the year. We ask at this time, if you can register your interest and we will be in contact in the second half of the year to confirm dates.
We appreciate that this will impact many of you. Please be assured that we are doing everything we can, not only to increase our capacity, but navigate the complicated world we are currently living in. I ask that you respect our administration and training teams, as they work to complete your enrolments, schedule your training and provide you with the best training we can. They are doing all they can to keep delays in training to a minimum, and get you or your apprentice into class.
I look forward to seeing you round the campuses.
General Manager CET